Monday, July 03, 2006

One mighty break!

May 18th to 29th June is quite some time for a conformed write-o-holic like me, to take a break from blogging. Rather long. But things landed up in such ways that forget writing, I could barely catch an extra whiff of breath!

No exaggerations. I moved from the project I was working on, to another one, and hence reporting to ITPL. (Anybody living in Bangalore would know ITPL-International Technology Park, and the long distance that separates the rest of the civilization, meaning "city", from this IT hub). The Marathhalli traffic jams that first left me agape with its rooted-to-the-spot automobiles, the bare minimum traffic/road sense that people don't really have but could’ve had, the nonchalance with which bus drivers nearly ram into one another.... to name a few, Phew!!

But working in ITPL, in this new project is fun, to say the least! For one, this is in the banking domain and anyone who has worked in the finance/banking domain would know what I am talking about. That, and the people. Man! Things are so much faster around here, so for me, having worked in the Indiranagar office that’s located within the cozy womb of the city, this is a lovely exposure. More so, since I function better in an ambience where people are on their toes and there is a lot of work to do. That pumps in so much energy that makes me feel completely alive! To not have important work to do and not many responsibilities is probably the worst kind of punishment I could ever be meted out with.

There are multiple buildings over here and are named, Discoverer, Innovator, Explorer, Inventor, Creator.. I might have missed a couple of names. This place is exuberant with a throbbing energy that emanates through every pore. It’s very obvious in the buildings. For instance, the building I work in, “Discoverer” is the only building out here that is elliptic in shape. (The rest of them are square or rectangular). The good thing about elliptic buildings is that you can just turn around once on your heels and drink in a glimpse of what every one is upto. That also makes it easier to spot people within. Also, the separators between cubicles are comparatively lower, creating an “open” ambience, mercifully banishing the possibility of feeling clobbered within your own sweet cubicle.

For an onlooker this might sound like “over-the-top-declarations of an excited 22yr. old”, but frankly, I think its more about my being in a role, that I instinctively know I would enjoy and succeed better in, than ITPL itself. By the way, I am in the role of a BSA (Business Systems Analyst) in this project, not that of a developer. Either ways, I hardly advocate complacency for myself. I think, no matter however ardently we want something, once we get it, it becomes a thing of the past. One must always plunge into action, so it’s all about, “What next?”

So what next? Hmmm… I hope to learn a foreign language, write a lot more (to blog, do more assignments for IE – Indian Express, resume horse-riding etc..), perform better as a professional, daughter and hopefully, as a person, to learn about the business in depth, read up a lot more on banking and generally do everything I want to – no holds barred..

Let me live it out and watch, though, as to how much of it I can actually get done!
Joie-de-vevre!!

PS: Anyone reading this, with useful info about banking, finance please do mail it to me at vineetha.athrey@gmail.com

7 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Jagan said...

hmm..congrats on ur new proj. so do u hav online link of ur latest article in IE ?

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger VineethaAthrey said...

Hi Jagan,
Thank u!:)
Well.. my article comes out in 'City Express' and the online version of it is not available. But anyways, you can check out yesterday's City Express, page 6. I have written abt Radio City's 5th anniv. bash.. n do gimme ur comments!

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Jagan said...

we dont buy IE ....not even in my office ..so thats the reason I had asked for the link :-( .

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your comments makes go crazy about ITPL...I had heard a lot abt this in earlier also but was not exicted to see the place..now after reading your article planning to visit ITPL soon...

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger VineethaAthrey said...

Oh yes, do visit ITPL sometime. Fine structures that they are, their elegance is worth a watch!

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Resume horse riding???

When did u start it BTW?

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger VineethaAthrey said...

So long a time since you left Bangalore, and so many updates since then.. Well I started horse riding a few months ago though had to discontinue since my wrist started yelping, thanks to the concentrated strain!!;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home