Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The GodDappers

Last night I was talking to Swaroop regarding a suitable name for the "DP rule" we have come up with, owing to an hour-long conversation we had had the previous night. Something about "Determined about being determined, passionate about being passionate". And to punch the next 6 months with the very best focus we can ever conjure up, and to hit upon exactly the kind of work we would want to do for the rest of our lives...
We wanted to come up with a good name for this concept of "Determined about being determined, passionate about being passionate".

Swaroop suggested "Dad-Pap" and asked me if I had a better one...And lo! I decided to vouch for the very first word that came up on my mind: Dappers!!

First of all: DAP would stand for Determination and Passion.
Secondly, I love the meaning that "Dapper" stands for; which is, being elegantly stylish without being overtly flashy or ostentatious about it. It spells sophistication, and a sleek appearence.
Thirdly, ( well I admit, this point struck me off-the-cuff): If a person who blogs is a blogger, a person who DAPs ( Follows the DP Rule for success: Patented by Swaroop and Vineetha) is "Dapper"!!! :)
Howzzat!

We even thought, that 7 months down the line when we succeed in achieving our targets, we could even go out and market this 'DP Rule for Success' and start an "Art of Dapping' cult and that will be a religion in itself. And you never know, we might even be the Larry Page and Sergei Brin( Google) of the success-mantra genre! ;)
And the members of this 'Dappers' Corner' would be known as 'Dappers' . So that makes the two of us, 'The GodDappers' ;)

And it looks like Dapping is gonna work.... I have been able to consistently achieve all the small-term targets I've been setting for myself. Mom commented this morn' saying, "Vini, you are acting like your life depends on this. Chill!"

But I realised that if I chill now, the rest of my life will be frozen!!

PS: What exactly is my plan for the next 7 months will be discussed, after 7 months. In the meanwhile, keep watching this space. Sometime later you all will be able to say, "We got to watch the growth of Dappers from scratch!" ;)

8 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there's any club for this i would be the next member :)

I have been doing my tasks with DAP rule, but never thought i could term this with something like Dapper. Its a nice and cool term. Wish all the dappers achieve their targets.

Happy Dapping Dappers :)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger VineethaAthrey said...

@Swaroop: Yeah! 'Dappers rule' it certainly is! I just wanted to make it easy for ppl who read this space for the first time, without really knowing just how crazy we could get!.. Sanity for the sane!! ;-)

@Ravishankar:Welcome to the Dappers World!
U r right, so many of us would have 'Dapped' unconsciously but this time, Swaroop & I wanted to coin a name since its easier to follow a concept that HAS an identity,than not have one!:)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi There,

This is the most Amazing Article that, I have ever read (Of course its first termed by you guys). Cheers for that Vineetha and Swroop.

I am Regular visitor of Swaroop's site ( Almost daily basis) and saw about this Dappers rule was very exicted to know more and got navigated to your Blog.

U can also consider me as member of Dappers club. I look forward to see this concept grow.

I would like to mention about this rule as the first post in my Blog.

Wish you a sucessfull Dapping.

Raghav

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is the most beautiful Idea and congrats guys for inventing it. Though, I have studied a lot of such stuff (During my MBA) this rule seems special.

I am a regular visitor (Almost Daily visitor) of Swaroops site thus, I navigated to this page now feeling lucky to have got a chance to c this...

Hope to see this exploring further.

Cheers and wish u a sucessfull Dapping.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger preethi said...

Hi vini,
I guess it has ben long really long since i visited your page.
anyways it is good that i have visited your blog at the right time. so all the best to Dapper's club.

cheers!!!

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger VineethaAthrey said...

@Raghavendra: Thank u! Keep visiting:))
@Preethi: Welcome Preeth! Its been so long...!Hope to see u sooner frm now on..;)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger VineethaAthrey said...

Sure, Viknesh.
But nothing noteworthy was ever achieved without a sense of direction. Lets say we keep these ideas free from conscious thought for a while,then what would we do with plain exalted talk that does not urge one on to betterment and success? Its fine to nurse this urge perhaps, but would we be doing something about it without motivation?

I guess not. Coz man does fall down, gets hurt, experiences doubts and thats when one needs motivations that are stronger than the force of the calamity.

I think everybody has their own ways of staying on and not getting strayed. And Dappers' Rule is our way of doing it.

The concepts of time and space are too profound. I believe, that life has been given for us to cherish and make something good out of. Forgive me if I sound blatant, but is living well & honouring this life, so small a concept for you that you have referred to this as a 'small scope'? I'm afraid, life is too good a gift for me to take it lightly!

 
At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iam a dapper too :)
wonderful idea ! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home