Thursday, November 10, 2005

"Hello...whoz there?...old friend.?!??..

Well, yesterday was fun!While I felt good about the comments Deepi and Swaroop posted,I was also amused at the sms I got in the evening from an unidentified number...clearly an imposter, here it goes...An account of the cheap and undesirable entertainment these imposters provide...

PS: Number is one thing, but I have no idea how he got my name also!!

Me: Me man Me, of course ME!!
IP: Imposter

IP: Hey Vineetha, how are you...What are you doing now?
Me: I'm good..I could'nt identify this number. Could you please tell me who you are..?
IP: I'm an old friend of yours...What are you doing now?
Me: I expect an old friend to have a name..what's yours..?.......apart from being jobless enough to reply to such messages, I'm even helping people re-discover their names...Voila!
IP: Whatever..you won't remember..it's been a long time since we last met
Me: Identify yourself.......not that it matters considering the way he approached, even if he were an old friend..errr..You see, I don't have an automatic old friends detector in my cell....whoever said technology is advanced!
IP: I'm $^%&^ your classmate ......original crap!
Me: See, I've never had any old classmate by that name.Just stop messaging
(I really have'nt had any classmate by that name)
IP: You may have forgotten a friend but I don't forget mine.........Hah....Plz. accept my sincere apologies, Your Majesty, Mr.Old Friend!!! he he he...
Me: How did you get my number?
IP: A friend of ours gave me........man..did he say 'friend of ours!?!!!'...I wanna know the name!
Me: And who is that?
IP: Sneha...she somehow got your number............Eurekaaaa! Sneha is a nurse in the hospital where I was born. I have known her all my life!$$$.....geeeee....I have NO clue who she is!!
Me: I don't know anyone by name Sneha either ( I honestly don't). And I'm mot interested in you or your Sneha. And I DON'T want to see even a single message from you or your friends in my inbox.........old or new.....duh!
IP: Oh..I got scared...K bye...I miss you...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The incident concluded with a male buddy stepping in and driving the devil out of my old friend's mind.
Thanks, Rajiv

Such experiences being a part of most of the mobile owning youngsters' kitty, I have no hopes that this is going to be the absolute last sms of this kind.But I do hope that people get creative and come up with innovative ways of trying to hook a girl/boy!!

Every end is a beginning in itself...

5 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger preethi said...

vinee ur reply to the imposter and ur comments were raelly of ur style buddy!!!
he must have raelly got scared da!
anyway its good that u ahve created a blog to share ur words and thoughts.
good and INTERESTING start !!!
keep up and move ahead with ur posts

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger VineethaAthrey said...

Ya...say hi to her!
Well, for ppl who are'nt aware of this (obviously!!) I used to send prank messages to Swaroop calling myself Vaaruni and sending 'Hey, buddy how r ya? Did'nt see ya for a lonng time!" kind of messages

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Athrey better don't reply to imposters. If he is ur friend,then surely he will contact u again with his name...so don't reply to them until they reveal their name..they i'll get bored and seldom won't msg u back....

 
At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis by some how u would have got the information from IP, hw he got u r number with name?
Then we can catch the source n take the action
nxt time when anybody calls u up jst talk to him decently n ask him hw come he got to know u r number
Tis is the right way........I feel

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!u dint breathe a word bout all this!!!!!!!nd baby i agree with venkat...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home